Artist Preview Binders
As part of our local marketing efforts to get you noticed, we create Artist Preview Binders that get placed in high-traffic locations all around the neighborhood, such as JP Licks, Ula Cafe, The Footlight Club, City Feed, and both Public Library branches in the weeks leading up to the big event. This is a very popular initiative that is well-utilized by our audience.
This is your opportunity to put together a little ad to promote your location, any demos you maybe doing and any recent art works you will have on display during Open Studios. Some people show a bunch of work, some put in artist statements, some just say "Come and Join the party at my studio!"
You can help get traffic to you by putting together your own Artist Bio Pages for people to browse through when hanging at the library or getting ice cream.
Here's what you do.
1. In your favorite layout program, put together 2-4 pictures of your work on an 8.5" x 11" page. Be sure to include your name, where you are showing and a little blurb to get the readers interested in you. If you don't have a computer, you can paste prints onto a page and write in your information
2. Print 15 of them out. If you are using the paste up method, take it over to a local color copier center and get them to print them out.
3. Insert the prints into protective binder sleeves. You can get these in any office supply store.
*Hint: If you are feeling really ambitious, you can make two different pages and insert them back to back for extra attention! Maybe one is about your painting and one is about your cards. Or just feature your two best sellers as big as possible.
4. Stick them in an envelop and send them to Amy Hitchock, 19 Goodway Rd, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130. Be sure to add a note and tell her thank you! She is another one of our very talented and generous volunteers.
5. Stick it in the mail or hand deliver it to Amy by August 19, 2017
In this era of information and technology, many teachers have turned into the art of math graphics to help teach math. Math is not a subject that is difficult to understand as long as best essay writing service you employ the tools to your advantage. Math is a science, therefore, using visuals is crucial when teaching any topic. Then ensure you use some math graphics if you want to create your students better learners.